The bells rang out on a beautiful, sunny Remembrance Sunday and a large number of Church Minshull people and friends gathered at St Bart’s to remember all those who had fought in recent conflicts. Dave Barrett and John Headon took the service,Tim Hough read the list of ‘the fallen’, Simon Reynolds read the lesson and Audrey Colquhoun played the organ. As the Chimes of Big Ben rang out at 11 o’clock, all stood to observe the two minutes silence that ended with ‘The Last Post’. Wreaths were laid at the village memorials to both World Wars by the church, parish council, Village Events Group, village hall, The Badger Inn, the children of Messy and Cafe Church, the Sports and Social Club. Prayers were said for peace and for our armed service personnel still in danger today. PJ Jones was in charge of the lighting and sound throughout the service and refreshments followed. Thank you to all who took part and attended this very special service.
Sorry, the Church building is closed.
We are sorry the church is closed due to the pandemic, but daily services are available from BBC Radio 4 at 8.10am. You can also live stream from Chester Cathedral who produce a Sunday Service live on the official You Tube channel at 10am. These remain free to view after recording for viewing anytime.
Are you Self Isolating?
- Jane Hough is making face masks! May 23, 2020
- Welcome to the new Bishop of Chester May 14, 2020
- 75th Anniversary of VE Day weekend, 8th – 10th May 2020. May 10, 2020
- V.E. Day. 75th Anniversary. 8-10 May 2020. May 7, 2020
- Farewell to Helen Chantry April 20, 2020
- Easter Day 2020 April 12, 2020
- Good Friday Surprise (Updated) April 8, 2020
- Services online for Holy Week April 6, 2020
- A Call to Prayer on Palm Sunday. April 4, 2020
- Bishop Keith launches Prayer Hub April 3, 2020
Upcoming Calendar Events
No upcoming events
Site Stats as of today
- 47,776 hits